Saturday, May 26, 2007

My List

Here is a list of jobs that have to be done to keep my classroom operating:

1. Answer the door for visitors and student aides who frequent the class.
2. Help with roll checking
3. Papers-passing out, collecting and filing
4. Passing out and collecting music
5. Handing out pencils to students who have lost theirs.
6. Filing music
7.Filing tests
8. Keeping chairs in order
9. Posting work on walls
10. Cleaning chairs
11. Picking up paper
12. Leading physical warm ups-Simon Sez, stretching etc.
13. Changing PowerPoint Slides
14. Operating the CD player
15. Time keeping.
What jobs do you have in your classroom that can be done by trained students?

2 comments:

Me said...

When I taught Elementary Music, I randomly chose a helper of the day. That student assisted with things similar to your classroom, but that was just one student. I will have to think about how I could have involved more students in the daily activities.

Good thoughts!

Responsible Students said...

I had one student who came in early before school and setup the overhead cart for the class. He put the cart in place, plugged in the power and the computer line, turned on the computer and the projecter. He also put up a safety tape between the cart and the wall that kept students from walking across cords and cables. This saved me a great deal of time over the semester and earned him classroom bucks that he could spend.